Friday, December 24, 2010

Can you hold it for me?

Craiglist about a year or so ago...i call the guy up and he speaks to me like I'm his son, calling me young man and saying talk is cheep, also spouting off about how many calls he has had about his bike.
I start driving from Vancouver (in Canada) at around noon, after a good hour at the boarder I'm rolling on I5. I have no radio, in a 89 dodge cummins diesel with a very loose steering box and no weather stripping around the doors, so it make this insane whistling sound that is continuous at around 60mph.
The gentleman lived near Wallawalla in Oregon, and after around a 9 hour drive i get to this guys place. I am greeted by about 4 mini pinchers all jumping toward my face and barking full speed. It's pissing rain as we open the garage door, the bike is covered in dust, he moves his bagger out of the way and says, " see the tanks aint purple in person". As he kicks the bike over twice and is cursing home depot, his employer for having to stand on cement floors all day. The battery is dead, i crawl under the bike for a few passes, and all seems to be in good working order.
We head inside and he offers me a brew. He calls me a young man again, yells at his dogs and moves a pile of what looked like rotting bacon off of the table in front of me, so i could use the table top to write a bill of sale. He pipes up again to his dogs and then a big fuck home depot comes out of his mouth. As the topic of ..my old lady...comes up, i head for the door, title in hand. He tells me to send him a photo, but he never gave me his email.
After a long drive a -76 shovel- sits in the back of my truck. I sold this bike to Justin B, and he got one of the Night Fighters to overhaul it for him. The photo above is the bike as i bought it.....good times....enjoy it Justin. T.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment