Thursday, June 7, 2012

downward dog into cobra boner

Got my primary back together, trans is back together as well. Building a bike, just rapes your pocket book, destroys it! You know when you go and look at a bike to buy because you think it's a good deal, and when your giving it a once over you are like, "no big deal, just needs carbs, new primary chain, new tires". Well all that shit is going to coast you more then you paid for the entire shit box, and on top of that, once you get into it, it needs new everything. Fuck me
Here are a few stats, starting at the bottom...new parts: sludge trap, conn rod bearings, polished crank, .40 over piston & rings, jugs borred, cam re ground, main bearing in bottom end, tappets, push rods, glass bead head, valve x4, valve guidesx4, 3 ang valve grind, valve springs and collars, primary chain, stator, barnett clutch, clutch shock rubbers, kicker return plate & spring, magneto. I could keep going but Im not going to bore you to death.
My carbs are fucked, miss matched jets, and years of gas. The gas ate right through the float bows of both carbs, noticed this after they were polished of corse! I have faith this motor run...on that note Born Free is coming fast and I have a motor on my bench and some wheels some where in the corner. I started preping my front end yesterday, and mode some progress. Myk sent me some pics of my tank and frame and I'm super excited to see it. On that note, trying not to stress out, but am stressing the fuck out!!!!!!!!!!



If I was a dog, I would be a Carren terrier? Something with very wire like hair...TL

3 comments:

  1. It will all be worth it when you and your new trophy are soaking up the So Cal sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a couple more esspress D's will be the ticket. Put a bit more pep in your step. Lube up the knuckles for more dexterity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys, you are true friends, I will try the lube!

      Delete