Thursday, March 29, 2012

BORN FREE UP DATE...AGAIN

Hey, so got my shock mounts made up, used the mill and made the shock mount arms. I had made them pretty big, so I ended up removing lots of material with my trusty flap wheel and grinder. The welds look rough, but I wanted to build up lots of material on the sides of the shock arms, to have them blend nicely into the shock mount cups, so made about 4 passes per side. The 7/8 miter's came out nice and fit the tubing so snug, tacked it all in place and welded it all up. TJ also helped me throw two different front ends on tonight, and hold odds and ends in place while I tacked on bungs and tabs in a frenzy. I also added another fender piece that is was recessed for shocks. I'm going for a fender that is made out of at least 3 fenders... and as said before.....lots of clean up still to come........





This was the smaller front end.........

No comments:

Post a Comment